Tuesday, December 30, 2014

THE CASH STUFF FOR 1-1-15

CASH IN THE APPLE 1-1-15
By Cash Michaels

HAPPY NEW YEAR – I’ll get to why I am as pleased as punch that 2014 is over, dead and done with in a moment. Needless to say, I am tremendously happy that all if us get a new beginning starting today. But hopefully we do so with hard lessons learned, so that we don’t make many of the same mistakes we made last year, or worse.
With the new year comes new opportunity, and hopefully a new attitude to approach new opportunities with. Consider last year your preparation year, the year where you put the pieces together in getting ready for the big move. Force yourself to do better, because who wants to go into a new year doing exactly the same thing you’ve been doing over and over and over again.
And there are so many areas where new beginnings could apply – business, education, training, relationships, with GOD, with family, with community…the list is endless, and so are the opportunities.
So here’s hoping that exactly one year from now, you’re able to look back on 2015 and smile, saying to yourself that it was a year where you worked, learned, sacrificed and achieved.
In that regard, I wish you and yours the very happiest of the new year.
2014 – Needless to say, given all that I’ve had to put up with healthwise, I am more than glad that 2014 is over and done with.
As you may or may not know, I had a stroke just two days after the Nov. 4th midterm elections, affecting my left leg and arm. I joke that the size of the Republican victories that night simply overwhelmed me. But I was in serious shape. I literally couldn’t walk, and my left arm was weak. I spent five days in the hospital, and weeks at home rehabilitating.
Then, because doctors were concerned that I could easily sustain a second, and more debilitating stroke, I agreed to an invasive heart procedure to determine of I had any coronary blockages. On December 4th, I went into the Cary hospital, where they planted me on an ice cold operating table, went up through my groin to my heart (the easiest place because you have a major blood vessel there), and two blockages were discovered.
That required for me to be immediately transferred to the Raleigh hospital, where the procedures to install two heart stents took place, and I spent three more days in the hospital, before being sent home to recuperate. That’s where I’ve been ever since. I expect to be as good as new in three weeks.
So I should be grateful that I had my personal drama at the end of the year, and that thus far, it has turned as well as it has. And I am grateful, make no mistake. I have a family, and to think of the deadly path I was taking with my health leading up to my stroke is now frightening to me. So the ending of 2014 is also the ending of a bad mentality for me…a mentality of not taking very good care of myself, and almost costing me my own life.
GOD spoke and got my attention, and I’m so glad I listened because I know that I will be a better, healthier human being in 2015, and beyond. All that I’ve outlined above for what should make for a great 2015 are the rules and steps I’ve now laid out for myself. A healthier me MUST be a BETTER me, which means this is lifelong hard work that I must commit to.
Now don’t get me wrong…2014 wasn’t a complete bummer. I finished three films I’m very proud of, and I’m looking forward to be more active businesswise than ever before, because I’m not getting any younger (indeed, I turn 59 this Saturday).
But I can’t do anything with decent health, and that’s what I’m working towards, and looking forward to this new year.
So thank you GOD, thank you family, and thank you everyone else fro all of the love and support.
And Happy New Year!
Make sure you tune in every Thursday afternoon at 4 p.m. for my talk radio show, ''Make It Happen'' on Power 750 WAUG-AM, or online at www.waug-network.com. And read more about my thoughts and opinions exclusively at my blog, ‘The Cash Roc” (http://thecashroc.blogspot.com/2011/01/cash-roc-begins.html).
           Cash in the Apple - honored as the Best Column Writing of 2006 by the National Newspaper Publishers Association. Columnist Cash Michaels was also honored by the NNPA for Best Feature Story Journalist of 2009, and was the recipient of the Raleigh-Apex NAACP’s President’s Award for Media Excellence in Sept. 2011.
Until next week, keep a smile on your face, GOD in your heart, and The Carolinian in your life. Bye, bye.

                                                                              -30-

No comments:

Post a Comment